Welcome to Au Pair Care!

Welcome to AuPairCare!

AuPairCare understands that each family is unique. That's why our programs are customized to fit your childcare needs, budget, lifestyle, and timing. Our carefully screened au pairs provide the highest quality of in-home care to ensure that your children will be safe, happy, and healthy. AuPairCare offers you a dependable, flexible childcare solution. You'll have childcare that fits you.

Did you know that AuPairCare has an A+ Better Business Bureau rating! If you're looking for an au pair agency, this is an important consideration. Ask other agencies their rating.

Meet Our Au Pairs

AuPairCare has hundreds of carefully screened au pairs from around the world available for placement. When you welcome an au pair to your home, you gain superior childcare at a surprisingly affordable price. Meet some of our amazing au pairs at http://www.aupaircare.com/

Tips on taking a beach vacation for families in Hampton Roads, Tidewater, Virginia, Chesapeake, Virginia Beach, Suffolk, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Hampton, Newport News, Poquoson, and Williamsburg

I spent last week taking care of my brother's 4 and 3 year old at the beach along with my children.  I love the beach and I love spending a week each summer soaking up the warmth, reading a book under the umbrella, and watching kids have the time of their lives in the sand and waves. 

As I read in bed last night sand was falling out of my book into my bed.  It started me thinking of all the tips I've picked up through the years of taking children to the beach.

Here are some that may be original to me.  I bet there are some new ones for you.
  • Pack a very soft brush (I use a hand broom) in the back of the car to brush the sand off of legs, arms, boogie boards, etc.  No matter how much you shake and pound on the beach, some will come back to the car.  A swift, soft brush, and most will be gone.
  • Shake towels, blankets, etc. down wind and away from others down wind from you.  Now, I know, for most of you, this is obvious, but for some, it might be an "ah ha" moment.
  • Start sunscreen at the car before you head out for the sand.
  • The first sunscreen to glob (and yes, I mean coat thickly) is a very heavy, cream kind.  Rub it in well and it will soak in as you walk to the beach.  Then, as the sand builds up throughout the day, switch to the spray sunscreen.  Remember, put a lot of spray sunscreen on--more than you think you should.
  • Always have shade available for the times your children are sitting still.  Bring one or two umbrellas or a canopy to set up.  If you have a toddler that plunks down in one spot to build the perfect castle, put a smaller umbrella up right over them.  It can be moved when they get up to head for the waves.
  • Start hats early!  Make it a habit early on in their life and it won't be a struggle later.  No hat, no play is my rule.